Partner • Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Paul is a family law attorney who specializes in representing business owners, medical professionals, and farmers during their divorces.
Understanding Your Business
Mr. Lerandeau has over 25 years of experience working with business owners, farmers, and professionals in Divorce. Over this time, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of community and separate property businesses, including the nuances of entity formats such as sub-chapter S corporations, C corporations, and limited liability partnerships. This expertise allows Paul to clearly explain complex business arrangements to the Court when advocating on behalf of his clients. The key to success in any Divorce is ensuring that the Court understands the facts.
Understanding Your Finances
Paul’s knowledge of accounting and taxation helps him to understand the true value of a business and its cash flow. He can work with your internal accounting staff or outside CPA firm to gather all of the information necessary for your case. He is a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants. A divorce attorney must have a clear understanding of your business and it’s finances before he or she can give you sound legal advice concerning your support obligations or the value of your business.
Understanding Your Emotions
Mr. Lerandeau understands that a divorce is a very emotional time for almost everyone which usually interferes with rational decision making. He helps clients keep their priorities straight when animosity or other resulting feelings might cloud ordinary thinking. Paul also helps clients understand the value of a businesses in the eyes of the Family Court and the incomes generated. He wants clients to make informed well reasoned decisions when faced with having to buy out a spouse’s interest. Shrewd decision making during a divorce will continue to pay you back long after the emotions involved have faded away.
Loyola Marymount University, J.D., cum laude, 1989, California State University, Fresno, B.S. 1985.
California and U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1989.
Family Law (100%)
- Order of the Coif;
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society;
- AV Rated – Martindale Hubbell;
- Northern California Super Lawyer;
- Firm of the Year Award, Central California Legal Services, (1997);
- President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 5th District, State Bar of California, (1999);
- Attorney of the Year Award, Central California Legal Services, (1999);
- Judge Pro Tem (Family Law, 1999-2008), Fresno County Superior Court;
- Member: Fresno County Superior Court Advisory Committee, (2001-2003); and
- Child Custody Program Advisory Board, (2002-2003).
- Central Valley Collaborative Law Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Law Professionals
- Fresno County Bar Association (Family Law Section Vice Chair 2000-2001, Chair 2001-2002 Pro Bono Services Section Chair: 2001-2009)
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Forensic and Valuation Services Section (Associate Member)