Partner • Divorce Law and Family Law Attorney
Paul is a divorce law and family law attorney who specializes in representing business owners, medical professionals, and farmers during their divorces.
Understanding Your Business
Mr. Lerandeau has over 25 years of experience in divorce law representing business owners, farmers, and medical professionals in complex divorce cases throughout the Central Valley. Over this time, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of community and separate property businesses, such as sub-chapter S corporations, C corporations, sole proprietorships, and limited liability partnerships. This expertise allows Mr. Lerandeau to understand and evaluate the true value of income producing assets subject to division by the family court.
Understanding Your Finances
Paul’s knowledge of accounting and taxation helps him to understand the difference between the taxable income of a business and its actual cash flow. He can work with your internal accounting staff or outside CPA firm to gather all of the information necessary for your case. He is a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants. A divorce attorney must have a clear understanding of your business and it’s finances before he or she can give you sound legal advice concerning your income and support obligations.
Keeping Focused on Your Priorities
Mr. Lerandeau understands that a divorce is a very emotional time for everyone involved and that these emotions can also interfere with the making of important decisions during the process. Since he believes that shrewd decision making during a divorce will continue to pay you back long after the emotions involved have faded away, he helps clients keep focused on their priorities during every stage of the proceeding. While it is only human to grieve the death of a relationship, there is no reason why your business should suffer the same fate.
Loyola Marymount University, J.D., cum laude, 1989
California State University, Fresno, B.S., 1985
California and U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1989.
Family Law (100%)
- Order of the Coif;
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society;
- AV Rated – Martindale Hubbell;
- Northern California Super Lawyer;
- Firm of the Year Award, Central California Legal Services, (2016 & 1997);
- President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 5th District, State Bar of California, (1999);
- Attorney of the Year Award, Central California Legal Services, (1999);
- Judge Pro Tem (Family Law, 1999-2008), Fresno County Superior Court;
- Member: Fresno County Superior Court Advisory Committee, (2001-2003); and
- Child Custody Program Advisory Board, (2002-2003).
- Fresno County Bar Association (Family Law Section Vice Chair 2000-2001, Chair 2001-2002, & Pro Bono Services Section Chair: 2001-2009)
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law & Tax Law Sections)
- American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Forensic and Valuation Services Section (Associate Member)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- International Academy of Collaborative Law Professionals