Partner • Divorce Law and Family Law Attorney
Paul is a divorce law and family law attorney who specializes in representing business owners, medical professionals, and farmers during their divorces.
Understanding Your Business
Mr. Lerandeau has over 30 years of experience in representing business owners, farmers, and medical professionals in complex divorce law cases throughout the Central Valley. During this time, he has developed an in-depth knowledge of the technicalities involved with business operations, such as sub-chapter S corporations, C corporations, sole proprietorships, and limited liability partnerships and corporations. This experience helps Mr. Lerandeau to understand how these entities are valued and their income determined by the family court.
Understanding Your Finances
Mr. Lerandeau’s knowledge of accounting and taxation helps him to understand the difference between the taxable income of a business and what the family court views as income available for support. He can work with your internal accounting staff or outside CPA firm to gather all of the information necessary for your case. He is a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants. This experience also helps Mr. Lerandeau to understand the value of your business and the different valuation methods available.
Keeping Focused on Your Priorities
Mr. Lerandeau understands that a divorce is a very emotional time for everyone involved and that these emotions can interfere with making important decisions during the process. Since he believes that wise decision making during a divorce will continue to pay you back long after the emotions involved have faded away, he helps his clients keep focused on their priorities during every stage of the proceeding. While it is only human to grieve the loss of a relationship, there is no reason why your business should also suffer.
Loyola Marymount University, J.D., cum laude, 1989
California State University, Fresno, B.S., 1985
California and U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1989.
Family Law (100%)
- Order of the Coif;
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society;
- AV Rated – Martindale Hubbell;
- Northern California Super Lawyer;
- Firm of the Year Award, Central California Legal Services, (2016 & 1997);
- President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 5th District, State Bar of California, (1999);
- Attorney of the Year Award, Central California Legal Services, (1999);
- Judge Pro Tem (Family Law, 1999-2008), Fresno County Superior Court;
- Member: Fresno County Superior Court Advisory Committee, (2001-2003); and
- Child Custody Program Advisory Board, (2002-2003).
- Fresno County Bar Association (Family Law Section Vice Chair 2000-2001, Chair 2001-2002, & Pro Bono Services Section Chair: 2001-2009)
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law & Tax Law Sections)
- American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Forensic and Valuation Services Section (Associate Member)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- International Academy of Collaborative Law Professionals